Want to tempt the leprechauns to visit you this year? How about a Pot of Gold Craft in the center of your table. It will look so festive, beautiful, and irresistible to those little impish leprechauns. What a cute way to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day.
Pot of Gold Craft
Are you ready to make this St. Patrick’s day Craft? Let’s make sure that you have everything you need.
- A large GREEN Styrofoam ball – *I used a 6-inch diameter ball, but you can get any size you would like for your centerpiece. If you only see white balls, you can paint them green.
- Knife to cut the ball
- Green glitter – You’ll want a whole container for this.
- Spray Adhesive
- Gold Glitter Paper
- Green Ribbon – 1 inch wide
- Green Glitter Metallic Chenille Stem – Also called pipe cleaner
- Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Gold Coins
- A Festive Shamrock Wire Accessory – to stick in the center of your pot.
- Foil Shamrocks for added decoration
- Green Satin Ribbon for added decoration
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- Cut off a small portion of the bottom of your ball. This is only to make it sit without rolling.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top, so it will start to resemble a bowl.
- Turn your bowl over onto the back of your gold glitter paper, and trace a circle with the bowl as your template.
- Cut the circle out of your gold glitter paper
- Spray your bowl, (pot) with spray adhesive
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter all around glue your gold glitter paper circle to the top of your bowl
- Wrap your 1-inch ribbon around the bowl, where the gold paper, and bowl meet so it is a little bit above the rim of the bowl to catch loose gold pieces
- Secure with glue
- Cut your green glitter chenille stem in half. Insert one piece on each side of your Styrofoam bowl for handles
- Add gold coins to the top of your bowl
Insert your wire decoration
- Tie a satin ribbon around the bottom of your wires
Embellish the ribbon with foil shamrocks