Want to tempt the leprechauns to visit you this year? How about a Pot of Gold Craft in the center of your table. It will look so festive, beautiful, and irresistible to those little impish leprechauns. What a cute way to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day.
Are you ready to make this St. Patrick’s day Craft? Let’s make sure that you have everything you need.
- A large GREEN Styrofoam ball – *I used a 6-inch diameter ball, but you can get any size you would like for your centerpiece. If you only see white balls, you can paint them green.
- Knife to cut the ball
- Green glitter – You’ll want a whole container for this.
- Spray Adhesive
- Gold Glitter Paper
- Green Ribbon – 1 inch wide
- Green Glitter Metallic Chenille Stem – Also called pipe cleaner
- Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Gold Coins
- A Festive Shamrock Wire Accessory – to stick in the center of your pot.
- Foil Shamrocks for added decoration
- Green Satin Ribbon for added decoration
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- Cut off a small portion of the bottom of your ball. This is only to make it sit without rolling.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top, so it will start to resemble a bowl.
- Turn your bowl over onto the back of your gold glitter paper, and trace a circle with the bowl as your template.
- Cut the circle out of your gold glitter paper
- Spray your bowl, (pot) with spray adhesive
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter all around glue your gold glitter paper circle to the top of your bowl
- Wrap your 1-inch ribbon around the bowl, where the gold paper, and bowl meet. Secure with glue.
- Cut your green glitter chenille stem in half. Insert one piece on each side of your Styrofoam bowl for handles.
- Add gold coins to the top of your bowl.
Insert your wire decoration
- Tie a satin ribbon around the bottom of your wires
Embellish the ribbon with foil shamrocks
And, there you have it! A pot of gold!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me for more crafts, recipes, DIY, party ideas, and more. 🙂