Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs for a Fun Food Treat
These Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs are from a post that I did a few years back. I thought they would make a fun Valentine’s Day treat, so I made them again. I took a million pictures, and I’d love to share them with you, today. Come on in, and I’ll show you how you can make them for yourself.
For these yummy and fun treats, you’ll need:
- 16 oz. of Fresh Strawberries
- About 4 oz. of black chocolate melts
- Dehydrated marshmallows
Extra Stuff You’ll Need:
(in no certain order)
- Wax paper
- A toothpick with a flat end on one side
- Small microwaveable proof bowl
- Paper towel
These are so simple to make. You can whip them up in a snap, and the kids can help with decorating!
Are you ready? Let’s get to it!
- First off, rinse and dry your strawberries. Just dry them off with a paper towel
- Then, cut the leaves off with a straight cut
- Now, cut a V out of the straight end you just cut
- You should have a cute little heart strawberry!
- You could just stop there, because the heart strawberries are pretty cute by themselves…but then you’d miss all of the cuteness of the love bugs!
- So, grab your wax paper and cut a piece off for your strawberries to sit on
- Pour about 4 oz. of chocolate melts into a small microwaveable proof bowl. Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute, stir and (if needed) microwave it for 30 more seconds, stir until smooth
- The chocolate sets up really fast, so You’ll want to do this one at a time:
- Dip the tips of the strawberries into the chocolate
- I don’t know why I decided to sit them on the cut end, but I just went with that. You can set them down flat. Whatever floats your boat
- Before the chocolate dries, add 2 dehydrated marshmallows for the eyes
- Repeat with all of your strawberries
- Use the flat end of the toothpick to dip into the melted chocolate
- With your chocolate covered toothpick, add little black dots to the marshmallow eyes and to the body of the ladybug strawberry. 🙂
That’s it. Easy Peasy. These would also be cute for a Fairy Garden Party!
Here’s a Video Tutorial I whipped up for you for Kid Friendly Things To Do Youtube Channel. I’d love it if you’d come hang out with me on any of the social channels listed on the side and bottom of the blog. Can’t wait to see you there! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ladybugs for a Fun Food Treat:
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do