Easy and Delicious Homemade Brownies Recipe – No Box Mix Required
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
For Dry Mix
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil – or melted unsalted butter – *see notes below to decide which you’ll want to use
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Optional Extra Ingredients…
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Baking Chocolate Chips
- Swirls of Peanut Butter – yum!
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- When ready, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla – mix in
- Pour into a greased 8×8, or 9×9 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes – (on the longer end of the time spectrum for the smaller pan) or until the edges start to pull away from the pan
- *We tested the recipe with butter and with oil. The oil in our opinion made a more fudge like brownie while the butter made a more cake like brownie.
- *Another tip for getting a fudgy consisty – if that’s what you like – is to NOT over mix the eggs. The longer you mix them in, the more air you will create – making a cake like brownie.