This is my all time favorite Frito Pie Recipe. It’s perfect for game day, tailgating, or a simple family dinner. I think it’s the ultimate comfort food. Make this recipe on a cold winter day and snuggle in. Come on in and I’ll share this yummy Slow Cooker Frito Pie Recipe With Chili Con Carne…
This recipe takes me back to the fall fairs in beautiful, warm (oh, how I miss the warmth!) Tennessee. Everyone walked around with bags of Fritos filled to the top with Chili Con Carne, and all of the fixings! Those were the good old days.
I loved it so much, that I’d thought I would recreate it. Let me tell you, when I had the whole family over last week, for a make your own Frito Pie dinner…not a speck was left in the Slow Cooker Pot. Not a speck! I think it was a hit.
If you want to have some fun and make it super easy on yourself, serve it with individual bags of corn chips. Just cut the bag open and pile the yumminess inside. Or, you can serve it up with a big bowl of corn chips and let people build their own Frito Pie.
Here’s the handy dandy printable for this amazingly delicious, good to the last bite, Slow Cooker Frito Pie Recipe with Chili Con Carne:Print
Recipe For Frito Pie With Chili Con Carne!
Good to the last bite recipe for Frito Pie
- Cook Time: 360
- Total Time: 6 hours
- 2 lbs. of ground Sirloin – it’s so important to get the good stuff
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1&1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 3 (14 oz.) cans of kidney beans – rinsed and drained
- 4 Pickled Jalapeno slices
- Optional Serving Method – Individual bags of fritos
Serving Suggested Ingredients
- 2 bags of Fritos (10 oz.)
- Shredded Mild Cheddar
- Jalapenos – Fresh or Pickled
- Sour Cream
- Sweet Onion – minced
- Shredded lettuce
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray
- In a large skillet, brown the sirloin
- Drain the beef reserving about 1/4 cup of the grease
- Put the beef and reserved grease back into the skillet
- Add the garlic, chili, cumin, mustard, salt, sugar, black pepper, & cayenne
- Stir the spices in and cook for a few more minutes
- Transfer the beef mixture to the slow cooker
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans, and pickled jalapeno peppers
- Cover and Cook on high for 4-6 hours
- *If using individual bags, open those, and pile them high with chili, and toppings. Eat right out of the bags! – Perfect for Tailgating, and summer picnics!
- *Or – layer bowls or let guests do it – with Fritos first, then chili, and toppings of their choice
- Serving Size: 8
Here are my top Amazon picks for this Frito Pie Recipe:
I hope you enjoy the – Slow Cooker Recipe For Frito Pie With Chili Con Carne
Don’t forget to Follow me for more recipes, crafts, food crafts and celebration game ideas for the whole family ! I Can’t wait to see you there!
Have a wonderful day…
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com