Hands down the easiest and yummiest cheese ball ever. This Four Ingredient Cheese Ball Recipe is an oldie and a goodie. It couldn’t be easier to make and is perfect for any get-together.
Four Ingredient Cheese Ball
This is the cheese ball that I grew up with. My mom would make it every time we decorated the Christmas tree. Even now, after tasting many different cheese balls, this one holds the prize.
The shades of pink and green make it perfect for Christmas, but it’s great for any holiday or get-together. I just know it will be as big of a hit with your family as it is with mine.
What makes this Cheeseball the best?
- only 4 ingredients – that is always a bonus
- Buddig ham – yes, that is one of the flavor secrets. I know, it’s the really cheap stuff but it just works with this recipe
- it’s easy to make ahead – just leave out the walnuts until you are almost ready to serve
- easy to throw together
Cheeseball Hack for easily coating it with nuts:
I haven’t tried this yet, but someone told me to spread the nuts onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Just set the ball into the middle of the nuts and pull the plastic wrap up and around the ball – coating it with nuts and shaping it at the same time.
Are you looking for easy appetizers? Check out my other appetizer posts…
Are you ready to make this easy-to-make Cheese Ball? Let’s make you have everything you’ll need…
- 2 packages of cream cheese – You can use original or Neufchatel with less fat
- green onions (scallions) – 3 or 4 bunches sliced. No need to use the bulb. Only the green stuff! 🙂
- Buddig smoked ham lunch meat – Diced. This is the really inexpensive ham lunch slices next to the shredded cheese. It should be hanging up in a small bag.
- 16 oz. bag of walnut halves and pieces
Four Ingredient Delicious Cheese Ball Recipe
Easy cheeseball for all of your holiday functions or gatherings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese – you can use original or Neufchatel
- 3–4 green onions – sliced
- 1 (2 oz.) package of Buddig smoked ham lunch meat – Diced
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of walnut halves and pieces
- Mix the cream cheese, sliced green onion, and the diced ham
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball
- Pour a good amount of walnuts onto a plate and spread them out (or use the hack I’ve heard about in the notes, below)
- Roll the cheese ball onto the walnut-covered plate – coating the cheese ball and adding more walnut pieces to the plate as needed
- Serve with crackers
Where do I find Buddig Ham?
This ham is the really inexpensive ham lunch slices usually found hanging on a hook next to the shredded cheese.
Making this Ahead
If you want to make the cheeseball ahead of time. You can cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before you need it.
Cover any leftovers with plastic wrap and store the cheese ball in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. *Walnuts may soften a bit.
I haven’t tried this yet, but someone told me to spread the nuts onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Just set the ball into the middle of the nuts and pull the plastic wrap up and around the ball – coating it with nuts and shaping it at the same time