Craving brownies, but no box mix in the pantry? No worries! This brownie mix comes together in a snap. You’re just a few ingredients and minutes away from warm, delicious, chocolate brownies on your plate. Come on in and I’ll share – Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe – Make Your Own Brownie Mix
You guys. I hate grocery shopping. It’s such an all day task. Make a list, shop, bag, load, unload, place everything in pantry, fridge and cupboards. Watch the kids devour everything you bought in 1 day! Repeat. Anytime that I can create a simple crowd pleasing recipe without going to the store – it’s a win for me. This Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe is the perfect “go to” recipe when you have bare cupboards.
Here’s a little tip. When you’ve got the supplies out to make this Homemade Brownie Mix Recipe – make a few batches. Store your batches in a jar or a zip tight bag for brownie emergencies. Write the additional ingredients on your bag so you don’t have to look up the recipe again.
Here’s the handy dandy printable for Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe – No Box Mix RequiredPrint
Easy and Delicious Homemade Brownies Recipe – No Box Mix Required
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
For Dry Mix
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil – or melted unsalted butter – *see notes below to decide which you’ll want to use
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Optional Extra Ingredients…
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Baking Chocolate Chips
- Swirls of Peanut Butter – yum!
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- When ready, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla – mix in
- Pour into a greased 8×8, or 9×9 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes – (on the longer end of the time spectrum for the smaller pan) or until the edges start to pull away from the pan
- *We tested the recipe with butter and with oil. The oil in our opinion made a more fudge like brownie while the butter made a more cake like brownie.
- *Another tip for getting a fudgy consisty – if that’s what you like – is to NOT over mix the eggs. The longer you mix them in, the more air you will create – making a cake like brownie.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe – Make Your Own Brownie Mix
If you like easy and delicious desserts, give these a try…
Or top the Easy Homemade Brownie Recipe with…
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do