Just in time for summer, this Lemon and Jalapeno Flavored Butter is absolutely delicious. Made with a combination of jalapenos, butter, lemon juice, and salt, it’s the perfect complement to fish, vegetables, steak, and more.
Lemon and Jalapeno Flavored Butter Recipe
This lemon butter recipe is the perfect condiment for most of my grilling recipes in the summer. This lemon butter recipe is perfect for just about anything you cook on the grill. Like a delicious steak recipe, this honey lime grilled chicken, and of course this corn on the cob recipe for Mexican street corn.
- Lemon and Jalapeno Flavored Butter Recipe
- Tips and Tricks for Flavored Butter
- What are some ideas for adding ingredients to compound or flavored butter?
- What does flavored butter go with?
- How long will homemade flavored butter last?
- What are the basic ingredients in compound butter?
- Lemon & Jalapeno Flavored Butter Recipe
Also referred to as compound butter. I made this flavored butter for grilled corn, but I used it on everything. I’m so excited about this butter for summertime.
Tips and Tricks for Flavored Butter
- It’s best if you let the butter soften at room temperature but you can soften it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds
- Freeze butter to make it last for several months
- You can store butter in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- If butter has turned a different color or has black spots on it, it is a sign that it has gone bad
- You can use flavored butter to saute’ vegetables
- Grill fruit and use a sweet flavored butter to enhance the flavor
What are some ideas for adding ingredients to compound or flavored butter?
- garlic – roasted, minced or powdered
- herbs – like dill, cilantro, basil, and parsley
- onion powder
What does flavored butter go with?
- Savory butter goes well with potatoes, fish, steak, vegetables, and pasta
- Sweet butter goes well with biscuits, muffins, toast, and grilled fruit
How long will homemade flavored butter last?
- Store butter in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months
What are the basic ingredients in compound butter?
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Lemon & Jalapeno Flavored Butter Recipe
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Slice the jalapeno – remove and discard the seeds and veins
- Chop the jalapeno into small pieces
- In a small bowl – mix the butter, jalapeno, and lemon juice
- Spread onto a piece of wax paper, and roll up into a log
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour, or until firm
- When you’re ready, slice the butter
- Serve over grilled corn, potatoes, and anything else you can think of
- Salt to your taste
- wrap butter in wax paper and plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- You can wrap it in foil to freeze up to 3 months
Adapted from Taste of Home
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com