Muffin tins aren’t just for cupcakes anymore. Try something fun and different this week, like making pizza in your muffin tins. You and your family will love the result with this muffin tin pizza recipe.
Mini Pizzas in a Muffin Tin
I created this snack recipe or sometimes an appetizer for Muffin Tin Pizzas when one of the editors for Taste of Home Magazine asked me to get creative with muffin tins. That week, I made a chicken pot pie in a muffin tin, tacos in a muffin tin, and these pizzas in a muffin tin. The pizzas were a shoo-in and were published immediately. The tacos and chicken pot pie were published later in Taste of Home cookbooks.
Finger foods like these sweet potatoes wrapped in bacon and these muffin tin pizzas are as much fun as they are delicious.
These would make such amazing finger foods, and a great meal for the kids. My kids like to create their own. This is a great recipe to let them get creative in the kitchen with you.
Here are my top Amazon picks for this Muffin Tin Pizza Recipe…
Finally, here’s the recipe for you…
Muffin Tin Pizza
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- tsp. basil sweet, dry
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. of sugar
- 16 oz. refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Using a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, garlic salt, onion powder, and sugar
- Grease the muffin tins
- Using kitchen scissors, cut about a 3 &1/2 x 3 &1/2 inch square from the pizza dough
- Lay the square of dough over a muffin mold – pressing the edges down so they stick to the top of the muffin tin
- Spoon 1 T of sauce into the middle of the dough square, and let the dough square start to sink down into the mold
- Help any dough that is stuck to the top, by lifting it off, and gently pressing it into the mold
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza sauce with the mozzarella cheese, and add your favorite pizza toppings
- Repeat with the remaining dough, sauce, and cheese
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden, and the dough is golden, as well
Enjoy! ~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do