Who else grew up with a Ramen Noodle and Cabbage Salad Recipe? This is a salad that I have pigged out on time and time again. It’s a classic and to me, the old classic potluck recipes are still king. Recipes passed around at potlucks are the tried and true…the best! Come on in and I’ll share my family’s recipe for Ramen Noodle Salad…
Ramen Noodle Salad
Here’s a quick video to show you this simple Ramen Noodle Salad…
This is the kind of stuff that I grew up on. Every church potluck had some version of it and every family reunion wasn’t complete without it.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Ramen Noodle Salad…
How do you make Ramen Noodle Salad?
- Mix shredded cabbage, green onions, nuts, and raisins
- Mix the dressing of oil, sugar, honey, and vinegar
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat
- Just before serving, add the Ramen Noodle bits and mix to coat
- Best if served immediately
Can Ramen Noodle Salad be a Main Dish?
- It can if you add grilled chicken or grilled steak
Is Ramen Noodle Salad Healthy?
- Ramen Noodle salad has a variety of vegetables and nuts, which are a great source of protein. You can add several different vegetables like slivered carrots, and mandarin oranges in light syrup. You can also substitute olive oil for canola oil.
Here’s the recipe for you:
Ramen Noodle and Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 6–8 cups of shredded green cabbage
- (optional for color) make 2 of the cups of shredded cabbage from purple cabbage
- 3–4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup of salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- *you can substitute walnuts for almonds or add them in addition to almonds
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1–2 packages of dry Ramen Noodles – broken up into bits
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 3/4 cup of Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 T of honey
- In a large bowl, Combine the cabbage, green oinions, sunflower seeds, almonds, and raisins
- In another smaller bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, and honey. Whisk until everything has combined
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix until the salad is coated with dressing
- Just before serving, add the Ramen Noodle bits, and fold into the salad
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
adapted from – Heritage Quilters Cookbook