With easy to make caramel antlers and a chocolate face, this reindeer treat is a perfect fun food for Christmas and your hot cocoa!
- Candy Canes
- Brown chocolate melts
- (Optional) Red round candies – such as Sixlets
- Candy eyes
- Soft caramel candies
- Wax paper
- Glass bowl
- Kitchen scissors
- Unwrap the candy canes
- Set out wax paper on a work surface
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions
- Unwrap a piece of caramel, and push it down to flatten it
- Use scissors to cut out antlers (you can get about 3 per caramel)
- Place some antlers down on your wax paper
- Dip the tip of the candy cane into the chocolate and set the candy cane down onto an awaiting antler, making sure some of the chocolate is resting on the antler so as it dries it can act as a glue
- Place the other antler on the opposite side of the candy cane, so you have 2 antlers drying on top
- Continue to do that for all of your candy canes
- Once your finished, go back to the first one that is probably dry – dip a toothpick into the melted chocolate bowl and use that as glue to attach the eyes and optional red nose
- Let dry and you’re done!
- You can store your reindeer in a sealed container for a couple of weeks or use immediately!
- Enjoy and Merry Christmas
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com