Add a little more fun to your hot chocolate at Christmas time with these Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes. Perfect for a hot chocolate bar or a fun treat with the kids. Easy to make and fun to eat.
Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
Table of contents
These cute candy canes can be dipped into hot chocolate to give it a peppermint flavor and even add more chocolate.
Add your own personal touch with different sprinkles and candy sugars.
Each one is so festive and fun. The kids will love them.
Can you use Chocolate Chips instead of Chocolate Melts for dipping?
- Chocolate chips can be melted in place of chocolate melts, but keep in mind that milk chocolate is a soft chocolate and will not set up hard like melting chocolate. Milk chocolate will also melt easily when picked up in your hands
How can I get real chocolate to set up and harden on my treats?
- You’ll have to make sure to temper your real chocolate. A shortcut method for this is to keep some of your chocolate away from your heat source. Place the non-melted chocolate (like chocolate chips) into your bowl of melted chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted along with the chocolate in your bowl. This is called a quick temper
Tips and Tricks for Making Chocolate dipped Candy Canes:
- Use an oven and microwave proof coffee mug to melt chocolate – this will give you a narrow and deep container for your chocolate to melt in for your candy canes
- Melt chocolate in 30-second intervals so the chocolate doesn’t overheat and seize up
- Use wax paper or parchment paper to dry chocolate on
- Store candy canes at room temperature for up to 2 weeks
How do you make Chocolate Covered Candy Canes?
(printable recipe below)
- Melt chocolate in a microwave proof bowl or mug
- Dip candy canes with the hook side down – only covering the hook portion
- Place candy canes covered in chocolate onto wax paper to dry
- Immediately cover in sprinkles while chocolate is melted
- Store at room temperature
Here’s the printable for Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes
- 12 candy canes
- 1 12 oz. chocolate melts – brown
- ½ cup Christmas candy sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in a microwave proof coffee mug or small and deep bowl
- *I like to melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and melt more if needed in 30 second intervals – stirring in between – no more than 1&1/2 minutes
- Place a large piece of wax paper onto your countertop
- Have sprinkles and candy ready to decorate
- Dip candy cane curved edges into the chocolate
- Lift out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off
- *you can tap the candy cane (carefully without breaking the candy cane) onto the edge of your bowl
- Place candy cane on wax paper
- Immediately sprinkle with candy sprinkles
- Let chocolate dry and harden at room temperature
- A cute way to store candy canes is to sit them upright in a mug for storage
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks