This Black Bean Soup Recipe is super easy and so delicious. It’s one of my all time favorite soups. You’ll probably find everything you need to make this quick dinner right in your kitchen pantry. Come on in and I’ll share this Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe…
This is a soup that I used to make when Mike and I were living in a two bedroom condo with our first born, Abigail. (I miss those days:) ) It’s a great dinner for new moms with little to no time on their hands.
Not only is this soup easy and delicious; it’s healthy too.
Here are my top Amazon picks for this Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe…
Is Black Bean Soup Healthy?
Absolutely! Black beans are packed with fiber and protein. They will keep you feeling full and energized so you won’t get hungry soon after eating the soup.
Can Black Bean Soup Be Frozen?
Yes. Bean soups are very freezer friendly. Go ahead and freeze leftovers. Just warm the soup up by warming it in a pot on low heat. Add more chicken broth if it has become to thick for your liking.
Here’s the recipe:Print
Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 2 cans of black beans – undrained
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 jar of salsa (16 oz.)
- 4 tsp. of lime juice
- 2 tsp. of grated cumin
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add onions and garlic
- Cook for about 5 minutes until tender
- Place one can of beans and 1 cup of chicken broth in blender and blend until mostly smooth
- Add the blended mixture, remaining beans, remaining broth, salsa, lime juice and cumin to the cooking onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for around 20-30 minutes
- Garnishes: sour cream, tortilla strips, and fresh cilantro!
Adapted from a magazine I used to receive, called “The Very Best Baby”
If you are looking for more Cozy and Easy Soups to make, try…
Here is a Hearty and Easy Slow Cooker Beef Fajita Soup
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com