This recipe is a keeper, y’all! Per request from my 12-year-old son…last night, I made it for a second time this week. It’s a great family recipe for busy weekday nights and fun weekend dinners. Customize to your children’s tastes and keep everyone happy without making ten different meals.
This main dish is a family favorite. It’s so easy to make on a busy weekday night, and it’s a hit with everyone. Mexican-themed meals are the most requested in this house. Like this Mexican Wet Burrito, or Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce
These tostadas are easy to customize. Half of the family wanted their tostada the classic way. I did get requests, though, for beanless tostadas and some with only beans. It’s so easy to customize the tostadas and keep everyone happy – including me
You can host a build your own tostada bar, over the holidays.
Quick Chicken Tostadas
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast shredded – a rotisserie chicken works perfect, but any grilled chicken breast will do
- ⅛ cup lime juice up to1/4 cup
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ⅓ tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 6 tostada shells
- 16 oz. refried beans
- 1 cup Mexican style cheese Shredded
- sour cream, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado cubes, sliced radish, black olives – sliced, your favorite salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Grab a medium sized bowl – Add the cooked chicken, lime juice and spices – Mix well
- Place the tostada shells on a baking sheet
- Spread a spoonful of refried beans across each tostada shell (be careful, the shells are fragile)
- Spoon some chicken over the beans and sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Place the tostadas into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes – or until cheese has melted and chicken is warmed through
- Pull the tostadas out of the oven and top with your favorite fixings. Enjoy!
- I found my tostada shells in the ethnic section of Aldi’s grocery store
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do