This recipe is a keeper, y’all! Per request from my 12 year old son…last night, I made it for a second time this week. It’s such a great family recipe for busy weekday nights and fun weekend dinners. Customize to your children’s tastes and keep everyone happy without making 10 different meals. Come on in and I’ll share this recipe for Quick Chicken Tostadas – Easy Mexican Food Recipe…
Half of the family wanted their tostada the classic way. I did get requests though for beanless tostadas and some with only beans. It’s so easy to customize the tostadas and keep everyone happy – including me!
You can host a build your own tostada bar, over the holidays.
Here’s the printable for Quick Chicken Tostadas – Easy Mexican Food Recipe
Quick Chicken Tostadas – Easy Mexican Food Recipe
- 3 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded – a rotisserie chicken works perfect, but any grilled chicken breast will do
- 1/8–1/4 cup of lime juice – your preference. I’m not a huge fan of lime, so I go on the lighter side
- 1/2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1/3 tsp. of sea or kosher salt
- 6–8 tostada shells
- 1 can of refried beans
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- Toppings – such as, sour cream, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado cubes, sliced radish, black olives – sliced, your favorite salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Grab a medium sized bowl – Add the cooked chicken, lime juice and spices – Mix well
- Place the tostada shells on a baking sheet
- Spread a spoonful of refried beans across each tostada shell (be careful, the shells are fragile)
- Spoon some chicken over the beans and sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Place the tostadas into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes – or until cheese has melted and chicken is warmed through
- Pull the tostadas out of the oven and top with your favorite fixings. Enjoy!
- I found my tostada shells in the ethnic section of Aldi’s grocery store
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do