Slab Apple Pie
- 6–7 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 T of lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 t of cinnamon
- Pie dough – enough for 2 crusts and rolled thin
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 4–5 tsp. of water
- Baking sheet – a small one, around 9×13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small cookie sheet spread out one of the pie doughs
- In a large bowl, add the apple slices and lemon juice – toss together
- Add, sugar, flour and cinnamon – mix until apples are coated with the sugar mixture
- Spread the apple mixture over the pie dough
- Add the other rolled out pie dough crust to the top of the apple slices
- Bake for about 40 minutes
While the apple slices are baking, prepare your glaze
- In a small bowl, add the powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. of water at a time, stirring
- the glaze with each teaspoon of water, and stopping when the glaze is a thin frosting-like consistency
- When the Apple Slab Pie is baked and still warm from the oven, drizzle the glaze over them.
- Suggested Serving: Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Delicious!