Semi-Homemade Blueberry Muffins with Pancake Mix!
This month, I am cramming all of my review assignments for Taste of Home into one week! This blueberry muffin recipe was one that I tried out with my 4, and 7 year old kids! Aside from baking mix all over the counter; they were a complete success! I know they were because they disappeared off of the display stand within a couple of days – all 18!
I love the short cut recipes! Love them! This one (I have recently discovered) can be made with either Baking Mix, or if you don’t have that handy…Pancake Mix! I discovered this when I was all set to make these with my little girl and found absolutely NO BAKING MIX in my pantry. We used pancake mix as an alternative – fingers crossed – and they were perfecto! Phew!
- 2&1/2 cups of baking mix or pancake mix
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1&1/2 cups of fresh, or frozen blueberries
- Cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix with the sugar
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the egg, water, and oil
- Add the wet bowl to dry bowl, and stir until moistened
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour into prepared muffin pans, lined with cupcake liners
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Original recipe at Taste of Home!