These Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and loaded with chocolate chips. They are the perfect sweet snack or breakfast treat. A great way to start the day.
Homemade Chocolate Chip Muffins
Add extra chocolate chips and a little more muffin batter to the tin to make 12 large muffins that are loaded with chocolate.
The recipe can make up to 18 regular sized muffins or 12 large muffins.
How long can you store homemade muffins?
- homemade muffins can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 3 days
Can you freeze homemade muffins?
- To freeze muffins, allow them to cool completely. Wrap muffins in freezer wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Here are some more chocolate chip recipes that you might like:
- Vanishing Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Miss Duncan’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Mint M&M and Chocolate Chip Blonde Brownies
How do you make homemade chocolate chip muffins?
Chocolate Chip Muffins – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-18 muffins 1x
- 2 c of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c of packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 c of butter, melted but cool
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c of applesauce
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 package of milk chocolate chips (11&1/2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease one dozen muffin cups
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter, eggs, apple sauce, and vanilla
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients – stir to combine
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of muffins comes out clean
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes
- Remove from the tins – use a knife to loosen edges if needed
To make larger muffins…use all of the batter to full 1 dozen muffin tins. To get more muffins, about the size of cupcakes, only fill tin 3/4 of the way with batter
- Store, covered at room temperature for up to 3 days
- these muffins can be frozen up to 2 months
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do