In my humble opinion, these Iced Almond Thumbprint Cookies are one of the easiest and most delicious of all the Christmas Cookie Recipes. Why spend hours on tedious cookies when these are simple and a huge crowd pleaser?
These Almond Thumbprint Cookies from my grandmother and the Snowball Cookies on the blog are the easiest cookies in my holiday cookie recipes.
These delicious cookies can be adapted to any holiday just by changing the icing color.
Here is the printable recipe:
Thumbprint Cookies With Almond Flavored Icing Center
Easy, Beautiful, and Delicious! A sure crowd pleaser at your Holiday Functions!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- 1 cup of margarine melted
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups of flour
- optional – 1 cup of finely chopped nuts (almonds)
For each color
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. of water
- Gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl Cream margarine and sugar together
- Add vanilla and stir in
- In a small bowl mix the salt, flour, and nuts
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter
- Push the center down with your thumb
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes
- While that is baking – stir the ingredients for the icing together adding the water 1 tsp. at a time, and stopping when the icing is a nice smooth consistency but not too runny
- If it gets too runny…just add a little more powdered sugar
- After the cookies are done and cooled – add a spoonful of icing to each center