Kids and Adults of all ages will have fun playing this Pumpkin Sweep Game – a Fall and Thanksgiving Game. An active and fun game for all ages. Perfect for the holiday and fall backyard fun for all.
Pumpkin Sweep – Thanksgiving Game to Play
Thanksgiving is a time to spend with the ones you love and reflect on what you’re thankful for. It’s also the perfect opportunity to bond with some competitive games.
What are some other fun things to do on Thanksgiving?
- Volunteer together
- Set up the Christmas Tree
- Play Cards
- Scavenger Hunt
- Family Football Game
- Make Thanksgiving Crafts
- Make Christmas Ornaments
- List what you’re grateful for
- Have a Leaf Pile Candy Hunt – Just like an Easter egg hunt but in a pile of leaves!
- Haystack Bowling in the backyard
- Play this Stuff the Turkey Game
I love how competitive my kids are. They definitely get it from me.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving to play Pumpkin Sweep.
This fun game is also perfect for Halloween Games or Fall Harvest Games.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Fun Thanksgiving Game…
Here’s a quick video from one of our Pumpkin Sweep races that we had in the backyard…
Here’s What You’ll Need to Set up and How to Play this Fun Fall Game…
- Pumpkins – small for little ones, larger ones for big kids and teens (1 team)
- Brooms – I prefer the straw brooms for this game, but use whatever you have
How to Play Pumpkin Sweep:
- You can play as teams in the form of a relay or line players up – each with a broom and a pumpkin
- Divide players up evenly to make 2 teams
- Decide on your playing space. Have a starting line and a finish line set up
- Give the first players in line a broom
- Set a pumpkin down in front of the players
- Yell, go!
- Players should sweep their pumpkins all the way to the finish line and back to the next player on the line
- The last player should just have to cross the finish line
- The first one to do that – wins!
- Follow the rules above, but give each player a broom and pumpkin
- The first player to cross the finish line wins!