It’s no secret that I love everything about fall time. I love the crisp air, apple picking, pumpkin picking, and fall harvest fun! I think this DIY Candy Corn Game is perfect for all of those fall fun harvest celebrations. It’s so simple to pull together and inexpensive too. Have fun playing ring toss with glow necklaces during the day and through the night as they light up the night! Come on in and I’ll share my “how to” on this Easy DIY Candy Corn Ring Toss with Glow Necklaces for a Fun Fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving Game…
This picture just says fall fun to me! You know I love to keep things simple, because none of us have time for the complicated stuff. This game is so easy to pull together. I love that!
Carry this game from day time to night time fun.
When I was thinking this through, I didn’t think about glow in the dark paint for the cones. That would even be better. Maybe you can find some and kick it up a notch. That’s how we like to do things!
Even without the glow in the dark paint, it’s a ton of fun. We had this near a backyard fire which shed some light on our targets. Just be sure you have a little light so you can see your Candy Corn too. Although, now that I’m picturing throwing glow stick rings into the dark and ringing Candy Corns, I like that too!
*One light source idea would be to place glow sticks near the cones to illuminate them at night
Here’s What You’ll Need For this Easy DIY Candy Corn Ring Toss with Glow Necklaces for a Fun Fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving Game:
- orange plastic safety cones – the super tall ones were a little too pricey for me. I wish they weren’t. The ones we played with are 9 inches tall. They are way more reasonable. I’ll provide an Amazon link, below
- yellow spray paint – I didn’t skimp on the spray paint. Get the good stuff that will stick the first time
- white spray paint
- Glow necklaces
- Something to stand the Candy Corn Safety Cones on – like a hay filled wagon or even hay bales!
- Use some newspaper to cover the ground and spray paint the bottom of the cones yellow and the tips white
- I did learn that you don’t want to stand too close with the spray paint. If you get too close the paint will run. Listen to the instructions on the paint can, not the image below. That shot was just for the instructions. Stand back and let the paint mist do the work
- Also, I did not tape my cones off. Remember, I like to keep things simple. I like the uneven lines. If you look at a Candy Corn, they aren’t perfect either. And, you know what?…The kids could care less that you spent an hour making perfect lines
Standard Rules to go by for a Classic Game of Ring Toss – Adjust it according to your party needs:
- Pick your teams and divide the target evenly between teams
- Decide on distance away from the person to ring that’s challenging, but do-able
- To ensure that there is no cheating – It might be a good idea to place a marker down to stand on or behind
- When you’re ready, start ringing!
- Rings count as 2 points for a full ring and 1 point for a ring that is leaning on on touching the target
- First team to get to 21 points wins!
Here are My Top Amazon Picks For this Easy DIY Candy Corn Ring Toss with Glow Necklaces for a Fun Fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving Game
Happy Fall Y’all!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do