Over 13 Thanksgiving Tradition Ideas for Kids to start. Most of these ideas are made from items you probably have at home. Pick one that you can start today. I know I’m going to start one with my brood.
Thanksgiving Traditions with Kids
Blessings and Thankful Ideas
- The first one is a Blessing Jar. I found this image on Pinterest, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find a link to show you. The instructions are on the image. I love this idea!
- This might not be available to us, today. I’m keeping a mental note to get this book for next year to go with the jar idea above! This is from Housewife on a Mission
- Make a blessing mix with a printable to explaining the meanings behind the food ideas
Bake Thankful Tree Ornaments with the kids
- This idea comes from Notes From A Novice Primary Music Leader
- I know you might not have handy bowling pins around the house, today. But, I also know that empty, plastic water or soda bottles work just the same. Be sure to fill the bottles with just a little bit of weight (use water, sand, pebbles, etc…)
- Leaf Pile Candy Hunt – so much fun!
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt – so fun!
- This did not have a link 🙁 What a great idea. I love it
- Very Cute. From Creating Couture Parties
- Fall Tree Hand-Print Craft– write blessings on the fingers
Fun with Food
Make Fall Hot Chocolate Kits to give to family
- There you have it – Have a wonderful Thanksgiving
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo