This Bat Craft for Kids is adorable and easy to make. With just a few supplies, you’ll be hanging up Sock Bats all over your house for Halloween Decorations. Come on in and I’ll share my easy “how to” on this Easy Bat Craft for Kids with Bat Wing Template…
If you have some solo black socks hanging around the house, recycle them into Hanging Bats!
You can even pose your bat in a tree for a fun and cute Halloween Decoration.
These bats would even be cute hanging on your front porch this Halloween.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Bat Craft for Kids with Bat Wing Template…
Here are the supplies needed and instructions for the Bat Craft for Kids to Make…
- Black Crew Sock – I used a kid’s size and found it at the Dollar Tree
- Fiber Fill
- Black Felt Sheet
- White Foam Sheet
- Google Eyes
- Fabric Glue – like Fabri-Tac (recommended for it’s an instant seal)
- (optional) Bat Wing Template
Instructions for this Halloween Craft for kids…
- Stuff the black sock with the fiber fill most of the way
- Glue the end of the sock shut
- Cut out 2 bat wings and 2 small black triangles for ears from the black felt
- Cut 2 small white triangles from the white foam sheet
- Near the top of the bat’s head, about where you would want the wings to go, cut a little slit in both sides
- Insert the narrow end of the wing into the slits and glue them in place
- Let the glue dry for a minute, so the wings are secure
- Attach the google eyes, ears and teeth with the fabric glue
As promised, here’s a Bat Wing Template for you to print off. Click on the picture of the wing, Click once more to enlarge it and then press CTRL+P to print off.
Enjoy your bat craft!
If you are still looking for fun Halloween Crafts, check out these fun posts below…
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do