I know, I’m waaaaaay early for Thanksgiving ideas. I’m just excited to share this fun game with you. Could it pass for a fall game? Well, maybe you can pin it and save it for later. Anywho…Lately, I’ve been on a Ring Toss Game Kick. I love how simple and fun they are and the kids love them too. That’s a great combination. So, why not keep going…right?! Today, I’d love to share this fun Turkey Leg Ring Toss Thanksgiving Game for Kids and Family. It’s super easy to make and a ton of fun for everyone! Use glow necklaces as your rings and it becomes a fun night time game, too! Come on in and I’ll show you what you’ll need to get started…
Turkey Leg Ring Toss Thanksgiving Game
Here’s What You’ll Need for Turkey Leg Ring Toss Thanksgiving Game for Kids and Family
- A large paper bag
- A white lunch paper bag
- White Duck Tape
- Rings – Glow Necklaces are an inexpensive option and fun at night
- You might have to turn your large brown grocery bag inside out to get rid of the advertising
- Crinkle up some newspaper and place some in the bottom of the brown bag
- Do the same with the white lunch bag
- Pull the rest of the white lunch bag together in your fist and while holding onto it, place it upside down at the top of the brown bag
- The grip around the top of the brown bag and the white bag
- Use the tape to secure the two bags together
- Now, you have a turkey leg! You can fuss over the look of it by crimping and fluffing the bag so it looks just like you want it to
- If you purchased glow necklaces for your rings, you can activate them for nighttime fun! Just so you can see the turkey leg, place it next to some sort of light source, or you’ll be ringing into darkness. *You could place glow sticks around the turkey leg as your light source.
- To make ringing a little easier, you can place the paper bag turkey leg onto a table, a hay bale, or a hay-filled wagon like I did!
Rules for a Standard Game of Ring Toss:
- Pick your teams and divide the target evenly between teams
- Decide on the distance away from the person to ring that’s challenging but do-able
- To ensure that there is no cheating – It might be a good idea to place a marker down to stand on or behind
- When you’re ready, start ringing!
- Rings count as 2 points for a full ring and 1 point for a ring that is leaning on touching the target
- The first team to get to 21 points wins!
Looking for more Fall Game Ideas? I’ve gotcha covered!
Stuff the turkey game Thanksgiving Game to play
DIY Candy Corn Ring Toss Fall and Thanksgiving Game
Glow in the Dark Necklace Pumpkin Ring Toss fun game for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do