I thought I’d interrupt all of my Halloween Fun Ideas with a Fun Fall Idea. Today, I’d like to share with you this simple Oreo Cookie Apple Craft that you and the kids can make for a fun fall Treat. Come on in and I’ll share the “how to” on this Make a Simple and Fun Apple Food Craft Treat from an Oreo Cookie
- You all know that I love to “Keep it Simple” here, on the blog. It doesn’t get much easier than these fun Apple Oreos. Luckily, Nabisco has done most of the work for us by creating these Red Velvet Oreo Cookies. You’ll be able to make dozens for your party in no time at all!
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make a Simple and Fun Apple Food Craft Treat from an Oreo Cookie
- Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- Green – pre-made fondant decorator pack / find this in the cake decorating aisle – made by Wilton
- Caramel Bits made by KRAFT – find this in the baking section near the chocolate chips
- Grab a small section of fondant and shape it into a tear drop shaped leaf – place that into the center cream of the OREO Cookie
- Grab a Caramel Bit and roll it in between the palms of your hands so it resembles an oval shape – flatten the top out to look like a stem
- Place the rounded end into the creamy center of the OREO Cookie, near the leaf
- That’s it!
- *if left out, the fondant leaves will harden into a candy cake decoration like texture – the caramel should stay soft
- Store these treats in an air-tight container for up to a couple of days before your fall event or serve immediately
Here are my top Amazon Picks for Make a Simple and Fun Apple Food Craft Treat from an Oreo Cookie
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do