Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie is a great recipe for fall and for the holidays. It’s the perfect recipe for all of that leftover turkey and if you have them – mashed potatoes. Come on in and I’ll share my Mom’s Recipe for Shepherds’ Pie…
When you think of Sheperd’s Pie, you probably think of one with ground red meat.
I grew up with this turkey version of Shepherd’s Pie.
I don’t know if my mom had an “aha moment” when she sat staring at the leftover turkey and thought “Shepherd’s Pie!”
Whatever the case, this is my mom’s version of Shepherd’s Pie and I think it’s kind of great.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Leftover Turkey Recipe:
Shepherd’s Pie Recipe – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 25 min.
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp of parsley
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of cooked and chopped chicken or turkey
- 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes that have been whipped and seasoned with salt and pepper – or fresh whipped potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 35o degrees
- Melt the butter in a non stick skillet over medium heat
- Add the spinach, celery, onion, and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add some Salt and pepper – to your liking
- In a large bowl, mix the soup, parsley, and cooked meat
- Add the sauteed vegetables and mix together
- In a separate bowl, beat the mashed potatoes well with an egg
- Using a shallow, greased baking dish, or a pie pan, scoop the vegetable mixture into the pan
- Add the mashed potato mixture to the top
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika
- Bake 25-35 minutes
Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do