This Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a great option for leftover chicken or just an easy and delicious family meal. There’s nothing more comforting on a cold or rainy night than a warm bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Here’s the recipe for you to make this quick and delicious soup for yourself:
I love to eat soup on cold or rainy nights.
Fall, in my humble opinion, is the perfect time to dig into a warm bowl of homemade soup.
It’s also a good “go to” when your not feeling well. A warm bowl of this soup will most definitely lift your spirits.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Soup Recipe…
Here’s the recipe printable for you:
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – A Kid Friendly Thing To Eat
Delicious and easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 30-45 min.
- Total Time: 29 minute
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Olive Oil – about 2 Tbsp.
- Celery – about 1 cup washed and cut
- Onion – 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- Carrots – about 1 cup washed and cut – or – my super fast time saver alternative – use baby carrots (whole)
- Chicken – I pull the leftover white meat from the breasts in large chunks, but I’ve also used 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- 12 cups of Chicken Broth – for me that was (3) 48 oz. containers of broth
- Egg Noodles – I use about 8 oz.
- Bay leaves 2–3
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of ground pepper
- In large pot, heat olive oil
- Add cut up vegetables, and saute over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes
- Add cut up chicken – continue to cook for a few more minutes – or until chicken is cooked through
- Add broth, bay leaves, salt, and pepper and noodles
- Boil with lid on, until noodles are cooked – about 12- 15 min.
- Lower to simmer, and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the bay leaves out & Enjoy
- This soup gets better with age. Leftovers are even better than the first time around.
- If you don’t want the noodles to get really soft, like I do – you can skip simmering for 15 minutes. Just serve the soup as soon as the noodles are cooked through.
- store soup in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com