Rice Krispies Treats Apples are fun and simple to make. Make them for a fun after-school treat or celebrate fall with these adorable apples that are as delicious as they are cute. Here’s what I did to make these apples:
It’ll be hard to find a kid that won’t devour a rice Krispies treat with a tootsie roll at the top.
The frosting leaf will just be a bonus.
They are a snap to make too. You’ll have a dozen to gobble up in no time.
Here is my top Amazon Picks you might need or even want for this fun food idea!
Here’s a quick video to show you how I made this Rice Krispies Treats Apples…
Ingredients for Apple Rice Krispies Treats…
- 3 Tbsp. of butter
- 4 cups of Miniature Marshmallows – like Kraft Mini Marshmallows, or 1 10 oz. of regular-sized marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Red food coloring – the amount will vary
- Tootsie rolls
- Butter knife
- Green frosting
- Piping bag with a leaf tip
Instructions for Apple Rice Krispies Treats – A Fall Treat or After School Treat for Kids…
- Melt the butter over low heat
- Add the marshmallows and red food coloring, and mix in
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Keep stirring until the cereal is taking on the red color of the marshmallows
- Shape the Rice Krispies Treats into little balls – about 2 inches in diameter
- You can use a butter knife to make a little crease in the top of your Tootsie Rolls
- Push the Tootsie Rolls into the center of the red balls
- Pipe a little leaf with your green frosting for a leaf
There you have it! Enjoy.
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
This Post Has 2 Comments
Love your post. It’s really amazing & helpful too. Being foodie i keep trying new dishes i tried this recipe & it turned out to be really tasty . Keep sharing 🙂
Thank You for sharing & Regards
Thank you for coming back to tell me that you liked it. I’m so glad!