Are you a Conversation Heart Fan? My kids can’t get enough of them. When I have a food craft idea in mind with Conversation Hearts, I have to hide them! Even then, I usually find an empty bag. They are relentless – I tell ya’. Luckily, I found enough Conversation Hearts stashed away to make these fun Conversation Hearts Chocolate Pretzels for a Fun Valentine’s Treat. Come on in and I’ll show you how to make these simple and fun treats.
You could easily switch out the chocolate color. Red or purple would be a great substitution for the pink.
Here’s What You’ll Need to make Conversation Hearts Chocolate Pretzels for a Fun Valentine’s Treat
1 (12 oz.) bag of melting chocolates should make about 40 pretzel treats
- Melting Chocolate – I prefer Wilton
- Conversation hearts
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Wax Paper
- Silicone Spatula
- Glass – microwave proof bowl
- Melt your chocolate melts according to the package directions
- *I like to pop them in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and then pop it back in for 30 seconds longer – stir until smooth
- Grab your wax paper and place it on your work surface
- Set your pretzels out on the wax paper
- Get your conversation hearts ready to go
- Spoon about 1 small spoonful of chocolate into the pretzel – you can spread it out and even fix mistakes with a toothpick – if needed
- Grab a conversation hear and place it in the middle while the chocolate is still meltes
- So, you’ll want to do one at a time. If you wait too long in between pretzels, your chocolate will set up and the candy won’t stick
- *If that happens, just use your handy dandy toothpick to grab some melted chocolate out of your bowl and dab some on the back of the candy to glue it
That’s it! Repeat until you have your desired amount.
Happy Valentines Day!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do