With only 4 ingredients and very little preparation time, this Tortellini Soup Recipe is the perfect busy night dinner. A warm winter soup for your family, and your friends. Come on in and I’ll share this long-time recipe for Tortellini Soup With you…
Easy Tortellini Soup
This is a recipe that I used over and over back in the day of babies everywhere. Even with little ones hanging on my leg, this was such an easy, healthy, and filling dinner to throw together.
I don’t know why, but somewhere along the way, I stopped making tortellini soup. Honestly, I forgot all about it. My husband was the one that suggested it when I was looking for dinner ideas to serve the extended family, over the holidays.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Easy Tortellini Soup recipe…
How long will tortellini soup last?
3-4 days in the refrigerator
What goes with Tortellini Soup?
Salad, baked potato, and cheesy bread are all great complements to Tortellini Soup
Does tortellini float when done?
Yes. They will puff up and float to the surface when donePrint
Ready In Minutes, Tortellini and Vegetable Soup
This delicious Tortellini soup is perfect for those cold and busy nights.
- Prep Time: none
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 (28 oz.) jar of marinara sauce – or your favorite pasta sauce
- 32 oz. cups of chicken broth
- *Basically equal parts sauce and broth
- 1 large (12 oz.)bag of frozen vegetables – California Blend
- 1 ( 19 oz.)bag of frozen cheese filled tortellini
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium/high heat – Combine the sauce and broth
- Add the vegetables
- Bring everything to a boil, and turn down to simmer with the lid on
- Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables get tender –
- Add the tortellini and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked through
- Serve with Parmesan cheese
- * Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Sauce may thicken up. Add a little water chicken broth to dilute the sauce and reheat before serving.
- Need a bigger batch? Just buy a bigger jar of pasta sauce and use an equal amount of chicken broth