Easy and Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe – A delicious comfort food filled with pasta, mushrooms, and chicken in a buttery cream-based sauce.
Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
This is a family-friendly chicken dinner and pasta bake. Casserole recipes like this one are down-home comfort food. Like this Dorito Taco Casserole, chicken and rice casserole with potato chips, and this homemade copy-cat Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Chicken Tetrazzini is a casserole-style dish filled with pasta, chicken, and mushrooms baked in a milky cream sauce base.
Are you ready to make this Chicken Pasta Casserole Bake? Let’s make sure you have everything you need:
- chicken breast
- thin spaghetti noodles
- green peppers
- sweet onions
- butter – unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- green olives with pimento
- cream of chicken soup
- cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
Boil the chicken breast in a large pot of water-saving chicken broth. Remove the cooked chicken and cut it into chunks. Remove any fat at this time.
In the same water, boil the spaghetti noodles and drain.
In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter
Saute’ vegetables in butter until they are tender
In a large bowl, stir to combine the noodles, chicken, sauteed vegetables, broth, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, green olives, sour cream, and milk
Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan or baking dish. Add the shredded cheddar cheese
Bake for about 1 hour in the oven at 350 degrees
What are some good add-ins for Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole?
- green pepper
- sliced green olives with pimento
- sweet peas
- white wine
Making this Dish Ahead and Storage:
You can make this Chicken Tetrazzini a day in advance. Just leave off the top layer of cheese, cover with foil, and refrigerate. When you are ready to bake in the oven, take the cover off, sprinkle with cheese, and bake in the oven for about 1 hour.
What Are Some Good Sides to this Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe?
- 20 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Sauteed Corn and Peppers
- Easy 3 Bean Salad
- Cheesy Asparagus Casserole
- Side Salad with Ranch Dressing
The best part about this recipe is that it is an old recipe from the 90s, back when moms would trade their tried and true recipes with each other. The past-down church recipes are always the best.
Can you substitute Rotisserie Chicken?
Yes! I love shortcuts. Rotisserie chicken usually has a delicious flavor all of its’ own. If you do that, then for added flavor you might want to pour some chicken broth into the water you boil spaghetti in.
More Pasta Recipes
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
- Pan-Fried Cabbage and Noodles
- Creamy Salmon Pasta with Linguini and Tomatoes
- Spinach and Ranch Dressing Lasana Roll-Ups
Chicken Recipes You Might Like
This recipe should easily serve 8-10 people
You can double the recipe to serve more
Come Hang Out on Social Media
Join my Facebook Groups
Easy and Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
- 2 chicken breasts with fat on
- ½ pound spaghetti noodles
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery – sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms from the can – drained
- 4 oz. green olives with pimento sliced
- 14 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1&/12 cup milk 2% or whole
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil chicken until tender
- Do not drain the broth
- cut chicken into chunks – removing fat as you do
- boil the spaghetti in the chicken broth (add more water if needed)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter
- Add the green pepper, onions, and celery
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for a few minutes – or until tender
- Drain the spaghetti noodles
- In a large bowl, add noodles, chicken, a sauteed mixture of vegetables, mushrooms, olives, soups, milk, and sour cream
- Place the mixture in a greased 9×13 inch dish
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the noodle mixture
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour