Try this delicious and easy-to-make Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole with a Ritz Cracker Crust for dinner. Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. Mix everything in one bowl, pour and bake.
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe with Ritz Cracker Crust
Casseroles are the best comfort food, especially ones with cream of something soup and cheese.
Are you looking for casserole recipes? Check out some of my other recipe posts, like…
Do you need to pre-cook rice before adding it into a casserole?
- It depends, I usually like to add pre-cooked rice just to be sure that the rice is fully cooked. However, if the conditions of adding hot liquid and covering the dish with foil are met – the rice will probably cook just fine during the baking period.
What are some good crunchy topping for casseroles?
- Ritz crackers crumbled
- Saltines crumbled
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Potato Chips
My top Amazon Picks for this recipe:
Are you ready to make this easy Chicken and Rice Casserole? Let’s make sure that you have everything you need:
- cooked chicken breast
- cheddar cheese
- cooked rice
- chicken broth
- all-purpose flour
- small onion – sweet
- unsalted butter
- table salt
- cream of mushroom soup
- Ritz cracker crumbs
Here’s the recipe for this Chicken Casserole:
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole with Ritz Cracker Crust
- 2 cups chicken breast – cooked and cubed
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion – diced
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter – melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs – about 15-20 crackers
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, rice, cheese, broth, flour, onion, butter, salt, and soup
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch casserole dish
- Spread out so it is even on top and sprinkle Ritz cracker crumbs over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour