This easy Three Bean Salad is a delicious side dish to take to any potluck. It’s always a favorite at any potluck or summer cookout.
Three Bean Salad
I can’t believe that I have waited so long to bring Three Bean Salad into my life. Now, I’m hooked on this classic and easy-to-make bean salad. Bean Salad is such a healthy side dish or snack. It keeps well in the refrigerator, so it’s the perfect make-ahead side for your picnic or holiday party.
Bean Salad is such an easy recipe to throw together. You can mix and match the beans of your personal choice.
Add more to make it a five bean salad. It’s such a simple and versatile recipe.
I used green beans, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans to make this Classic Bean Salad.
How long is Bean Salad good for?
If covered and stored in the refrigerator, bean salad should be good for up to 5 days.
Is bean salad good for you?
Beans are a great source of fiber and protein. They also contain vitamin B – such an essential vitamin.
Do you need to cook canned beans?
No, it is not necessary to cook the canned beans in a bean salad. The beans have already been cooked before canning. Rinse and drain the beans.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Easy Bean Salad Recipe…
How do you make Three Bean Salad?
- Rinse and drain the canned beans
- Chop the celery, pepper, and onion
- In a large bowl, add the beans, vegetables, and spices
- Mix well
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Serve cold
Here’s the recipe for Classic and Healthy Three Bean Salad…
Easy Three Bean Salad
- 1 15 oz. green beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. garbanzo beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. kidney beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- ½ cup Vidalia onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- ½ cup sugar
- wax beans
- black beans
- Pinto beans
- Great northern beans