This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with Italian Sausage is the perfect dinner for busy nights. Freeze any leftovers for another quick meal that’s ready to easily heat up when you need it…
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
This is the perfect dinner for hectic nights. Not only is it made in the slow cooker, you can also freeze any leftovers.
As simple as that. From the crock pot to your plate.
Can you cook raw beef in spaghetti?
- If the sauce is cooking long enough to cook the meat, it is fine to put raw meat in spaghetti sauce. Simmering for at least 2o minutes should cook raw meat but make sure you check that it’s cooked before consuming any sauce.
Can you cook spaghetti noodles ahead of time?
- Yes, you can cook pasta ahead of time. Just drain and place in a zip-tight bag, place it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, bring a pot of water to a boil and place spaghetti noodles in for about 30 seconds – or until noodles are warmed through. Make sure you do not overcook the noodles or they will get too starchy
And finally, here’s the printable recipe for ya:Print
Homemade Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Delicious, easy and freezes well
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- 1 lb. of Italian sausage – remove casings (depending on your taste – use hot, mild or sweet)
- 2 – 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 – 14 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each of salt, and ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- Place the ground sausage in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add the canned tomatoes to the top of the sausage
- Add spices on top
- In a skillet over medium heat, sautee the onion and green pepper in the olive oil until they are tender – about 5 minutes
- Place the pepper, and onion over the spices
- Stir everything together until it is all mixed in, and the meat is broken up
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set on high
- Cook for 4-6 hours
- Serve over cooked Spaghetti noodles
- Once sauce has cooled, you can freeze the sauce in freezer bags. Just take the sauce out when you are ready, and place in a sauce pan, with a lid on over medium heat until heated through
- Serving Size: 8
Here’s some stuff you might need or even want for this recipe:
(contains affiliate links)
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com