This Christmas Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce is absolutely delicious. It is an old fashioned tasting cake with tart cranberries and a delicious warm butter sauce. With beautiful cranberries spread through out, it’s the perfect Christmas dessert. It will be the hit of your holidays. Here’s the recipe for you to try yourself…
Even with the tart cranberries, my six year old, couldn’t get enough of it.
This is one of those old fashioned desserts that will make you think of the good old days.
And, you’ll definitely get some recipe requests.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Delicious Christmas Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce…
Finally, Here’s the recipe for you…Print
Christmas Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce | Kid Friendly Things To Do
A delicious and easy to make Christmas Cranberry Cake for a holiday treat.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40-45 min
- Total Time: 55 min.
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- 3 T of butter – softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 t of baking powder
- 1 t of salt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
Butter Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 t of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, and sugar together
- Add the milk, and mix in
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture
- Stir in the cranberries
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×9″ pan, and bake for about 40-45 minutes – or, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- While that is cooling, grab a saucepan for the butter cream
- Melt the butter over medium/high heat
- Stir in the sugar, and cream – bring to a boil, and stir often for about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract
- Pour over cake, and let cool
Keywords: Christmas Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce
- *Find this original recipe, and more recipes at tasteofhome.com
Do you need more Christmas Dessert Ideas? Check out these posts below…
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com