This delicious and easy to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a foil packet is made with a little twist. There is no need to flip this mini cake over after it’s heated through. Open the foil packet to a delicious cake and dig right in. Come on in and I’ll share my recipe for this Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe…
This is such a delicious treat.
It’s the perfect dessert for a camping trip.
This pineapple upside-down version has all of the right ingredients with a sugary glaze and a delicious moist center topped with a pineapple.
This foil packet Pineapple Upside Down Dessert is a winner of a dessert. My kids raved over them and asked for more.
Here’s a Quick Video to show you how to make these delicious foil packet desserts…
Delicious Pineapple Cake in a Foil Packet | Kid Friendly Things To DoPrint Pin Rate
- 2 packages of 6 sponge cakes - find them near the strawberries in most produce sections
- 1 can or 12 pineapple slices - reserve juice
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 Tbsp. brown sugar - I used light brown
- 12 maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 dozen sheets of foil
- grab a foil sheet and place a sponge cake in the center of it
- spread 1 Tbsp. of butter onto the sponge cake
- pour 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar over the butter
- place a pineapple ring on top
- pour 1 Tbsp of pineapple juice over the brown sugar
- place a cherry in the center of the ring
- wrap the foil up and around the cake - fold the foil so it is secure
- repeat with all of the cakes
- preheat the grill to medium-low heat
- place the foil packets - upside down, over the heat, close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes - or until the brown sugar is syrupy and the pineapple ring is warmed through
- *you may want to use another piece of foil to place directly under the foil packs - just incase some of the delicious juices slip out
- remove foil packs and open them - enjoy with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or just by itself
Please come back and let me know how yours turned out.
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do