These Foil Packet Potatoes on the Grill can also be cooked over a campfire or in the oven. Whichever way you decide to make these potatoes, you’ll be glad you did. They are so easy to prepare and taste absolutely delicious. They are a great side to any meal. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe for these Foil Packet Potatoes with you…
Moist, tender and so much flavor!
These potatoes were made on the grill, but any grill recipe can be modified for the oven or even the campfire.
Here’s some of my Top Amazon Picks for this recipe for Foil Packet Potatoes…
Foil Packet New Potatoes Recipe
- Heavy Duty Foil
- 1/2 pound of new potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. of Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. of water
- 1/4 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each of salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp. of oil – canola, vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped parsley
- Heat the grill to a medium heat
- Tear off a large piece of foil, about 18 inches long
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing, water, oil and spices
- Add potatoes to the middle of the foil sheet
- Pull up the sides of the foil
- Drizzle the dressing mixture over the potatoes
- Double fold the sides of the foil
- Fold the ends of the foil over to seal the sides
- Grill for about 20 minutes – open packet and check potatoes for tenderness by poking with a fork
- Add Parmesan and parsley
- How do you transition cooking on the grill to campfire or oven?
- When cooking on the grill or campfire, the methods are very similar. I like to use indirect heat as to not scorch the bottom of the vegetables. Place foil packet over a side of the grill without the flame. When using a campfire, push hot grills to the side near the coal that are on fire, to use as a heat source and cook foil packets in the hot coals. Or, if a grill is over the fire, try to move foil packets out of the direct flame.
- Oven – set the temperature for 375 degrees
- Serving Size: 4