Easy and Savory Grilled Campfire Potatoes in a Foil Packet. There’s just something wonderful about campfire food. One of my favorites has always been the campfire foil packets of potatoes tender and cheesy – hot off of the grill.
The kids love getting their own individual potato packets. This gets me excited to pull up to a campsite with them, just like we used to as kids. My mom was the camp chef. Cooking over a fire, on cast iron skillets just makes everything taste better. Doesn’t it? Oh my goodness…the morning pancakes were the best!
Some equipment you might need or even want for this recipe:
Finally…Here’s your handy, dandy printable for :Print
Savory Grilled Campfire Potatoes
Delicious, tender potatoes right off of the grill!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tsp. minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6–8 red potatoes – sliced into 1/4 in. slices
- 1 large vidalia onion sliced
- 6 (12 in.) foil squares
- In a large bowl mix the Miracle Whip and seasonings
- Add the sliced potatoes, and onions
- Toss to coat
- Divide mixture into the foil squares
- Pull the foil up around the potatoes, and fold to secure on all sides
- Grill over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, or until tender
Oven variation: These can be baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes
If you’re looking for more Campfire Recipes, then check out this post on OVER 30 OF THE BEST CAMPFIRE RECIPES
If you enjoyed this post on Savory Grilled Campfire Potatoes – then come hang out with me!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com