I have to be honest…One of my favorite parts of camping is the campfire food. This Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping does not disappoint. It is the best! The pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious. They remind me of pancakes from one of our favorite restaurants. Come on in, and I’ll share this simple Pre-make Pancake Batter For Camping with you.
Make Ahead Pancakes
Breakfast during camping trips is always my favorite meal. My mom used to cook up the best pancakes, eggs, and bacon at our campsite. Somehow, campfire food is the best-tasting food. Like this omelet in a bag, or this delicious baked apple in a foil pack
While you have all of your ingredients out, make several batches. Seal the batches in zip-tight bags and use a sharpie to mark what you’ll need to add to the dry mix.
When you’re out camping, you just have to whisk the wet ingredients together and add them to your bag. Voila’ instant camping pancakes.
I’m telling you…there is just something about being outside, around a fire with campfire food that adds a level of deliciousness.
Tips and tricks for your Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping…
How do you make the pancakes fluffy?
If you want really fluffy pancakes – mix your wet ingredients separately and give them good whisking. The air pockets in the egg help make the pancakes fluffy. Also, be careful not to over mix when combining with the dry ingredients. You want to mix until wet and that’s it. Adding baking soda also helps pancakes create air pockets and rise. You can add 1 tsp. of baking soda to the dry ingredients.
What is the easiest and most convenient way to mix this pancake batter?
If you don’t care about fluffy and are just going for easy and delicious, then mix it all upright in the zip-tight bag! The pancakes will be a little on the flat side, but just as tasty.
How do I get Thicker Pancake Batter?
You’ll want to play around with the amount of water you add. The full 1 cup makes a pretty thin batter. For a thick batter, add less water.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Pre-make Pancake Batter for Camping…
[box] reCAP Mason Lid & Pint Jar,...Shop on Amazon Pratico Kitchen QuickPour W...Shop on Amazon Rubbermaid - MixerMate Serv...Shop on Amazon Ziploc Gallon Food Storage ...Shop on Amazon Jim Beam Su Set of 3 Pre-Se...Shop on Amazon Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Go...Shop on Amazon Cuisinart CCG190RB Inch BBQ...Shop on Amazon Weber Rapidfire Compact Chi...Shop on Amazon Grillaholics BBQ Grill Tool...Shop on Amazon[/box]
Finally, Here’s the recipe for Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping…
Enjoy your camping trip…
Here’s a quick video on how easy it is to make these delicious pancakes…
Make Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping
Dry Make Ahead Ingredients…
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dry milk powder
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup water up to 1 cup of water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients
- Pour them into a zip tight bag and use a sharpie to write the wet ingredients onto the bag
- When ready, melt a dab of butter on your iron skillet or griddle
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry
- If you want, transfer to a container for pouring or just snip a corner out of the zip tight bag for pouring
- Pour a small amount on your warm skillet to form a pancake and cook until air bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown
- Flip and cook through
- Serve with butter and maple syrup
- Make several batches for each morning of your camping trip
- Want thicker batter, add 3/4 cup of water instead of a full cup
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 months
- Refer to the notes above for variations to the batter