I have to be honest…One of my favorite parts of camping is the campfire food. This Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping does not disappoint. It is the best! The pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious. They remind me of pancakes from one of our favorite restaurants. Come on in and I’ll share this simple Pre-make Pancake Batter For Camping with you…
While you have all of your ingredients out, make several batches. Seal the batches in zip-tight bags and use a sharpie to mark what you’ll need to add to the dry mix.
When you’re out camping, you just have to whisk the wet ingredients together and add them to your bag. Voila’ instant camping pancakes.
I’m telling you…there is just something about being outside, around a fire with campfire food that adds a level of deliciousness.
Tips and tricks for your Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping…
How do you make the pancakes fluffy?
Now, if you want really fluffy pancakes – mix your wet ingredients separately and give them good whisking. The air pockets in the egg helps make the pancakes fluffy. Also, be careful not to over mix when combining with the dry ingredients. You want to mix until wet and that’s it. Adding baking soda also helps pancakes create air pockets and rise. You can add 1 tsp. of baking soda to the dry ingredients.
Want to keep it as simple as possible? I love that!
If you don’t care about fluffy and are just going for easy and delicious, then just mix it all upright in the zip-tight bag! The pancakes will be a little on the flat side, but just as tasty.
Want thicker batter for more control in the griddle?…
You’ll want to play around with the amount of water you add. The full 1 cup makes a pretty thin batter. For a thick batter, add less water.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Pre-make Pancake Batter for Camping…
Finally, Here’s the recipe for Make-Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping…Print
Make Ahead Pancake Recipe for Camping
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 10 1x
- Dry Make Ahead Ingredients…
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of dry milk powder
- 4 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Wet Ingredients…
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of water
- 1 large egg
- (optional) 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- For Cooking…
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients
- Pour them into a zip tight bag and use a sharpie to write the wet ingredients onto the bag
- When ready, melt a dab of butter on your iron skillet or griddle
- Whisk the wet ingredients and add to the dry
- If you want, transfer to a container for pouring or just snip a corner out of the zip tight bag for pouring
- Pour a small amount on your warm skillet to form a pancake and cook until air bubbles form and the bottom is golden brown
- Flip and cook through
- Serve with butter and maple syrup
- Make several batches for each morning of your camping trip
- Want thicker batter, add 3/4 cup of water instead of a full cup
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 months
- Refer to notes above for variations to the batter
- Enjoy your campfire food!
- Serving Size: 4
Enjoy your camping trip…
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do