It’s camping season and that means campfire food. Yay! It also means quick and easy camping hacks and recipes. This Easy Make Ahead No Mess Omelet in a Bag Recipe for Camping fits the bill perfectly. To me, the best part of camping is the food and the memories of eating campfire food around a cozy fire with my family. But, who wants to slave over a hot fire cooking? Nobody that I know. That’s why this Easy Make Ahead No Mess Omelet in a Bag Recipe for Camping is so wonderful. Come on in and I’ll share this Omelet in a Bag method…
Customize omelets easily for each bag that you make. When prepping, just set all of your omelet ingredients out on the counter and add a little of this and that to make everyone happy.
I love a Western Style omelet, so I added sharp shredded cheese, chopped pepper, ham pieces and mushrooms.
This omelet was so delicious that my 8 year old ate half of MY omelet and asked for seconds. Typical.
Tips and tricks for making your omelet…
How do you make a basic omelet?
- grab 2 eggs, salt and pepper (I like about 1/2 tsp. of salt and a dash of pepper)
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients vigorously until they are very well mixed
- Heat a dab of butter over an iron skillet, pour batter
- As the eggs cook, push the sides from the edge of the pan to allow the wet egg mixture to fill in the gap and cook evenly
- Continue pushing edges and tilting the pan until you see no more liquid egg on top
- Fold omelet over and you are done!
How long can an omelet sit before serving?
- Omelets are best served immediately when they are hot and ready
Here are my top Amazon Picks for Making and Omelet in a Bag for Camping…
Now, Here’s the recipe for Omelet in a Bag Recipe for Camping
Omelet in a Bag Recipe for Camping
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. of salt (adjust salt to your liking)
- (optional) dash of ground pepper
- quart size ziplock bag
- optional suggestions for fillling…
- chopped green pepper
- cubed cooked ham
- shredded cheese
- chopped sweet onion
- cooked bacon bits
- feta cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- Make one omelet in a bag at a time
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the 2 eggs, salt and pepper
- Add your custom filling to the egg mixture
- Pour the mixture into a bag
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week before cooking
- Keep cold in an ice filled cooler while camping
- Use an iron skillet over a grate
- Melt a dab of butter
- Empty contents of a bag and cook until the edges are firm
- Gently push the sides over creating a gap
- Tilt the omelet so the uncooked eggs can fill in the gaps and cook
- Continue cooking and tilting until there is no visible uncooked egg on top
- Flip omelet in half and serve immediately
- Repeat for each omelet in a bag
- Serving Size: 1
Enjoy your camping adventure!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do
This Post Has 2 Comments
We put all of it in the bag (freezer. Quart size) and squish it together as put them in a big pot of boiling water for about 13 minuets pour them out on your plate and eat. Fun and yummy 😋.
Oh my goodness. That is so cool. Thanks for coming back and telling me about your omelet idea. That does sound like fun and so yummy!