Orange and vanilla is such an irresistible combination. Whether you want to make this as a summer treat for the kids or a fun summer party dessert, it is sure to be a big hit. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe for this frozen treat – Homemade Jello Orange Creamsicle Pops…
Creamsicles or Dreamsicles?! I’ve always remembered them by Dreamsicles. But, when I was poking around Pinterest looking for other photos of the glorious orange and cream dessert, I noticed that some people were actually calling them Creamsicles. This BIG NEWS to me. We’re talking about childhood memories, here. Of course, I had to investigate. I opened a new tab and found lots of articles written on the Creamsicle Vs. Dreamsicle debate. Apparently, there are more Dreamsicle lovers just like me out there.
Whatever you call them, they are so delicious, aren’t they? There is just nothing like the combination of orange and cream on a hot summer day.
If you are looking for more homemade popsicle recipes, check out mySweat Tea Popsicles for a refreshing summertime popsicle and Frozen Banana Pops for a fun snack.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Homemade Orange Creamsicle Popsicle Recipe…
Here’s a quick video to show you how I made this delicious frozen summer treat – Orange Creamsicle Bars…
Homemade Creamsicle Jello Popsicles
- 2 small packages of orange flavored jello
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 cups of vanilla ice-cream
- Place your hot water in a large bowl
- Pour the jello packets, and stir in
- Add the orange juice and the ice-cream – stir until everything is melted, dissolved, and mixed together
- Pour into your cups or molds
- Add plastic wrap over the molds
- Insert popsicle sticks
- Let them freeze overnight to really set, and then enjoy!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com