This Rhubarb Slush Recipe is one of the tastiest summer drinks I’ve ever had the pleasure of drinking. There is nothing that says summer quite like a fresh out of the garden Easy Rhubarb Recipe. My go to and Best Rhubarb Recipe is usually a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, but this might even top that. At the very least, it will compliment it perfectly! Come on in and I’ll share this yummy recipe for Rhubarb Slush…
You’ll want to make this Rhubarb Slush one day in advance, or several hours before you intend on serving it.
I made this Easy Rhubarb Recipe for our family Memorial Day Picnic. It was such a huge hit with the kids and adults.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Rhubarb Drink Recipe..
Finally, Here’s the recipe for this Easy Rhubarb Recipe – Rhubarb Slush Drink…Print
Easy Rhubarb Slush Recipe
- 3 cups of rhubarb – chopped (about 2 long stalks or 3 small stalks)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 Tube of Frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate – about 12 oz.
- 2 Liter Bottle of Lemon-Lime Soda
- Place all of the rhubarb, water and sugar into a saucepan
- Bring to a boil over medium heat – reduce to simmer with lid on for about 5 minutes
- Rhubarb should be tender. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes
- Place cooled rhubarb into a blender and puree
- In a large freezer proof container – mix the puree and the rest of the ingredients
- Freeze for several hours or overnight
- About 1 hour before you are ready to serve the slush, pull it out of the freezer and let it start to thaw
- Use a large spoon to chop up the thawed slush even more
- Pour into a pitcher
- Serve with strawberries – Delicious!
Here are some other Recipes found on Kid Friendly Things To Do that you might be interested in…
No Bake Summer Fresh Strawberry Pie