This Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread Using Jiffy is a delicious and moist cornbread. I used Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and added few extra ingredients to make this absolutely good to the last bight, easy to make Corn Bread.
Jiffy Cornbread with Jalapeno and Cheese
This bread is the perfect side to any Mexican dish or delicious soup.
Did I mention the gooey cheesy goodness?
Tips for making a double batch of Cornbread with Jalapeno and Cheese
- If you would like to double the recipe and add cream-style corn, double everything except the milk. Only use 2 Tbsp. of milk. Add 1 can of cream style corn to the already drained can of sweet corn. You’ll need a 9×13 pan and bake for 25 minutes or until done
Tips and Hints for making this Cornbread Recipe:
- Adjust the baking time per baking dish. A loaf pan will need more time to bake – probably about 35 minutes. An 8 x 8 inch pan will need about 25 minutes. Muffins will only take about 15-20 minutes
Can you freeze Cornbread?
- Yes. Wrap with plastic wrap or foil. Freeze in a freezer zip tight bag for up to 2 months.
Here is a quick Video Tutorial for this Shortcut Jalapeno and Cheese Cornbread Recipe…
Here’s the recipe for you:
Shortcut Jalapeno and Cheese Corn Bread Using Jiffy Mix
Moist, and delicious to the last bite!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the corn muffin mix and all of the other ingredients and mix until the dough is moist
- Grease an 8×8 pan and pour the mixture into the pan
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25-35 minutes – or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Bread will still be very moist when done, don’t let that confuse you with it not being cooked
- *Adjust baking time per baking dish. Muffins will be ready on the earlier side of time frame (around 15-20 min., loaf pan will probably take the full amount of time because of the depth of the batter – maybe longer, use the toothpick method. you can use an 8×8 or 9×9 pan to spread the batter out a little, and you are probably looking at closer to 25 minutes.
- *If you want this bread to pack a little heat, then add some seeds from the Jalapeno – the heat is the white center of the jalapeno. Simply remove the inside of the jalapeno and scrape the inside to remove and white veins
Tips for a Double Batch with Cream Style Corn:
- If you would like to double the recipe and add cream style corn, double everything except the milk. Only use 2 Tbsp. of milk. Add 1 can of cream style corn to the already drained can of sweet corn. You’ll need a 9 x 13 inch pan and bake for 25 minutes or until done.