If you are looking for an easy and fun Patriotic treat to celebrate with this summer, you’ve come to the right place. It doesn’t get much easier than this. The kids at your party will love you for making these. I don’t know a whole lot of kids that can resist a sugar coated marshmallow. Come on in and I’ll show you how to make these super fun, super Easy Red, White and Blue Patriotic Star Marshmallow Pops for Kids;
Aren’t they fun? I was initially going to make some red and some blue. I quickly changed my plan when I stared down at both colored sugars. I really like the way you can see all three colors. This way they are each an individual red, white and blue treat.
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make These Fun Treats:
- Kraft Square S’more Marshmallows
- Star cookie cutter – about 2 inches wide
- red sugar crystals
- blue sugar crystals
- Paper straws – patriotic colors
Now, onto the fun part!
- Start off by laying out some wax paper to avoid a sticky mess
- Grab your cookie cutter and press it into as many marshmallows as you think you’ll want for star pops
- push the paper straws into the middle (sticky part) of the marshmallow stars and set them back down on the wax paper
- When you’re ready to start decorating, put another piece of wax paper on the counter
- press the marshmallow into a cup of water – turning it over to coat both dry sides with water
- Then press the “wet with water” sides into the sugar crystals coating the marshmallow with the sugar crystals
- set the coated marshmallow pops onto the wax paper sheet to dry – It will probably take about 30 minutes to 1 hour for the wet sugar to dry. You could even play it safe and let them dry longer. If you try to the marshmallows in a bouquet before they dry, the color might rub off onto each one and you’ll end up with purple stars
- When they are dry, place them in a container to serve – I used a mason jar filled with rice to hold the straws
- or – place them in a covered container at room temperature for up to a couple of days before your party
And that’s it! See…so easy and so much fun!
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this fun food:
If you think these Easy Red, White and Blue Patriotic Star Marshmallow Pops for Kids are fun, then check out my other patriotic fun food ideas:
Here’s a roundup of over 35 Patriotic ideas
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To do