I love a good Skillet Breakfast. Combine a skillet breakfast made campfire style and it’s irresistible to me and the whole family. I mean, seriously, hash browns with melted cheese, ham, eggs, and green peppers…This Make Ahead Western Skillet Campfire Breakfast is the best campfire breakfast ever! I can’t wait to share it with you. Come on in to get the recipe for this Cowboy style Campfire Breakfast:
Western Skillet Hash Brown Casserole Campfire Breakfast
This makes a good amount. Enough for the whole family. If you have leftovers, that’s even better. Just warm this up the next day. Easy Peasy!
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this campfire recipe:
Here is a quick movie to show you how I made this Campfire Breakfast Casserole…
Western Skillet Campfire Scramble
Delicious make ahead camping breakfast
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 30 oz. of frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup of diced ham (about 8 thick slices of ham) – I bought a pre-sliced boneless ham and used the extra for sandwiches
- 1 diced large bell pepper
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 9x13 Foil Cake Pan
- In a large bowl, mix the hashbrowns, diced ham, and green pepper, and cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, water, onion powder, salt, pepper
- Add the egg mixture to the hashbrown mixture and mix together
- Spray a 9×13 foil cake pan with non-stick spray
- Pour everything into the cake pan and cover with foil
- *You can store this in a cooler or refrigerator for a couple of days
- When you are ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat and cook over the flame for about 40-45 minutes or until egg is cooked through.
- Not all grills cook the same…
- *Be sure to adjust cooking placement on your grill. If the flame is burning the bottom of your breakfast, move the pan to indirect heat and close the grill cover. Move the hash breakfast around as needed.
- Can cook on coals – just place the cake pan over medium coals and cook for the same length of time as mentioned above. Move around the grill several times during cooking to ensure even cooking
- Or – Bake in Oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, place foil pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until eggs and hash browns are cooked through.