A Rice Krispies Treat Stocking For Christmas Fun
During my brainstorming for fun Christmas food ideas, I came across a picture of a stocking stuffed with fun goodies. I thought that it would make a cute fun food. My kids couldn’t have agreed more! So here it is…A Christmas Stocking Rice Krispies Treat stuffed with candy canes and finished off with a simple fruit roll up bow. Gee…I wonder what the excitement from the kids was all about?!
I’m always thinking of ways to make my stuff even easier. So, I got to thinkin’ – If you wanted to make this super simple, and still super cute…you could skip the candy canes and still have a stocking with icing and a bow on top. Still adorable either way. 🙂
Here’s my “how to” on the stocking with candy canes.
For this Christmas Stocking Rice Krispies Treat, You’re Gonna Need: Yields about 6-8 Stockings
- 6 cups of Crispy Rice Cereal
- 4 cups of fresh mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Green Dye – about 1/2 tsp. gel
- Mini Candy Canes
- Frosting – Vanilla
- Frosting bag and a star tip – #21 is about the right size
- Red Fruit Roll Up – Fruit By The Foot
- Stocking Cookie Cutter
- Wax Paper
- 9×13 pan
- Spray oil
- Make your rice krispies by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over med-high heat
- Stir in the marshmallow and the food coloring, and stir until melted
- Add the cereal and stir, and stir some more
- Grab your pan, and place a sheet of wax paper inside, spray the wax paper with a little oil
- Spoon your rice krispy mixture in to the pan and spread out – roll it out with a small rolling pin if you can’t get the top flattened
- Let it cool off for a few minutes
- Pull the wax paper and cereal spread out, and begin cutting the treats with your cookie cutter
- Place your candy canes in the middle of the stocking like the image above – you can criss-cross 2 or just use 1
- Take another stocking and match it up to the one with the candy can on top
- Press the stockings together, pushing the cereal around the candy cane
- Using your star tip – Pipe some vanilla frosting onto the top of the stocking for a little fur top
- I made 2 rows
- Onto my simple bow! Cut about a 2 in. piece of fruit roll up
- Fold the ends into the center
- Pinch the center together! So easy!
- Set them on your stocking
The marshmallow and the fruit roll up tends to harden at a remarkable pace! Be sure to cover these fun treats in an air tight container for storage. You can probably get away with making these up to a few days in advance.
- Happy Holidays!