This is an Easy Apple Crisp Dessert that when paired with ice cream turns into an “apple pie like” dessert. It’s a great ending to a beautiful fall day or a nice family dinner. Come on in and I’ll share my recipe for this Easy Apple Crisp Dessert Recipe…
To be completely honest, this Apple Crisp Dessert doesn’t seem very crispy at all. There is a crumb topping, but it’s very soft.
Usually you’ll see an Apple Crisp Recipe with oats which gives it a crunch topping. This Apple Crisp is without oats.
The taste and texture reminds me of the Fried Apples from Cracker Barrel – which I happen to love!
You might even call it an Apple Crisp Pie. Of course it’s way easier than making a pie. Just throw the ingredients together, sprinkle on the topping and enjoy comfort food at it’s finest. You’ve gotta love that.Print
Easy Apple Crisp Dessert Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 min
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 8–10 medium Sliced Granny Smith Apples – peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 T of lemon juice
- 1/4 t of cinnamon
- 1/4 t of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 5 Tbsp. of softened unsalted butter
- 1 t of cinnamon
- 1/2 t of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Throw your apple slices into a large 9×13 baking dish
- Combine the water, and lemon juice – pour it over the apples
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and salt – and turn apples around to spread the seasonings throughout
- Combine the sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg – this will form a dough-like mixture
- Distribute the flour mixture over the apples by dropping pieces over the apples
- Bake for about 45 minutes & Serve warm.
- Wasn’t that super easy? Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do