This Slow Cooker BBQ Ham recipe, much like Pittsburgh’s famous chipped ham BBQ sandwiches, is great for a large gathering of friends and family. Perfect for the holidays. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe with you…
Slow Cooker Barbeque Ham Sandwiches (Chipped Ham Sandwiches)
I love walking into the kitchen, smelling the aroma from the crockpot, and knowing that dinner is one step closer to being done.
Pair this delicious sandwich with coleslaw for an amazing meal. Here’s a Recipe for Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw is found here
Here are my Top Amazon Picks for this Slow Cooker Ham Recipe…
What Sides Go with Barbecue Ham Sandwiches?
- fruit salad
- macaroni and cheese
- roasted potatoes
- baked beans
- cole slaw
What is a Pittsburgh Chipped BBQ Ham Sandwich?
It’s a sweet and tangy, thinly “chipped” ham sandwich native to Pittsburgh that used to be sold in Isaly’s stores. It is a staple among Pittsburgh locals.
BBQ Ham Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 small sweet onion – chopped
- ½ cup green pepper chopped – chopped
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. paprika smoked is optional
- 2 lbs. sliced deli ham extremely thin – preferred method is "chipped"
- Combine everything but the ham in a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the temperature to a simmer for about 5 minutes
- Put the sauce and ham slices into a slow cooker
- Cook on high for about 3 hours
- Serve on buns or ciabatta rolls