Shark Fruit Salad – A Fun Food – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
Whoa! This boy LOVES this scary looking shark fruit salad! I could barely convince him to leave the shark for a solo picture! Oh well…here’s the tutorial!
- You’ll Need:
- An oblong watermelon
- Red, or Purple grapes
- Various fruit for your fruit salad – canteloupe, strawberries, pineapple, etc..
- First Cut the bottom of your watermelon at a slight angle so the head is angled
- Cut an upside down U for the mouth
- Pull that piece away from the watermelon
- Keeping the rind intact – Cut the watermelon from the rind, and chop it up
- Place the chopped up watermelon in a large bowl
- Save the rind from the cut out piece – You’ll need it for the fin
- Cut teeth around the edges of the shark mouth, and scoop out most of the watermelon inside
- Cube the watermelon, and place it in your large bowl
- Use toothpicks to add grapes for eyes
- Use the rind that you saved to shape like a shark fin
- I cut the bottom of the fin at a slight angle to match the curve of the watermelon
- Use a toothpick, or 2 to insert the fin onto the shark
- Cut your cantaloupe, and other fruit you’ve chosen
- Add it to the large bowl of watermelon
- Now…place the hollowed out shark onto your serving platter, and scoop fruit salad out of the large bowl into the shark’s mouth!
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve! Hide from kids, or it will be destroyed be eager hands! 🙂
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Adapted from Tasted of Home! Find the original and more at TasteofHome.com!