These cinnamon sugar tortillas are so incredibly delicious. Perfect for an easy summer night with friends and family or holidays. They’ll disappear as soon as you set them on the plate.
These delicious snacks are especially delicious when served warm. This is fun dessert to make when you have company over. Cook these right in front of them, and serve immediately. Everyone will be entertained and delighted with how delicious this sugary snack is. This snack would pair well with chocolate-flavored whipped cream or easy homemade whipped cream
The last time we went to some friend’s house for dinner, I was in charge of bringing dessert. I didn’t have time to make it ahead of time. I found the ingredients in my kitchen, packed it all – including the frying pan, and cooked this while we chatted at the kitchen counter. They still talk about this dessert.
Homemade Cinnamon Crispas
- 1 large cast iron skillet or similar frying pan
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 6 medium Soft Flour Tortilla Shells
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 13 oz. Whipped Cream
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together
- Pour enough oil into the pan to cover a tortilla. Set it on med-high.
- Cut the tortilla shells into triangles
- Test the oil temperature. Put a little piece of tortilla into the oil – if it bubbles, it's ready
- Have a plate of paper towel ready to absorb the grease.
- Four at a time, start frying the triangles, turning when the bottom sides are golden brown.
- When both sides are golden brown, transfer them to a paper towel and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar immediately
- Keep going with above process, until all of the tortilla triangles are done, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream
- Best when served warm
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com