I think you can use this Toilet Paper Tube Spider as a treat holder, in a bug unit for school, a little spider decoration for Halloween, or a bug birthday party. It’s so easy and a lot of fun to make.
Toilet Paper Tube Spider Craft and Treat Holder
Are you looking for Halloween Crafts? Check out some of my other posts, like:
I don’t know where the craft world would be without toilet paper rolls. I just love this cute little spider. Every time I look at this little guy, I smile.
For one spider:
- Toilet paper Roll
- Black Paint
- Google Eyes
- Low temp. glue gun, tacky glue, or glue of your choice
- *Optional – Dixie Cup – if you want to use your spider as a treat holder
- Paint the toilet paper roll
- When that’s dry, cut the legs by cutting strips down the tube about 1/4 inch wide stopping about 2 inches from the top. You’ll end up with something that looks more like a squid, but no worries, look at the next step.
- Cut the extra legs from the spider, – 2 in the front and 2 in the back – leaving you with 8 legs
- Bend the legs up so they are flat against the table
- Give the ends of each leg a bend down toward the table
- Add google eyes with glue
To add treats:
- If you plan on putting treats in your spider – cut the end of the Dixie cup to fit into the toilet paper tube
- push the small bottom of the Dixie cup into the toilet paper tube. It should wedge itself, but if you need a tighter fit, then you can add glue to secure it
- Add treats. The weight of the treats will squash him down a bit
Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com